Our partner, Donegal County Council (DCC) hosted an Energy Awareness Day in its Corporate Headquarters in County House Lifford on Tuesday 12th June 2018. Energy experts (gurus) from their partners in the OPW’s Optimising Power @ Work programme were on hand offering advice to staff and members of the public on energy saving products and procedures for home and work activities.
The importance of the energy campaign was to encourage staff and members of the public to develop energy saving habits and to engage in conversation about energy used in work and at home. Also, provide ways in which they can achieve to reach their energy saving targets.
The presented topics and displays included:
- Saving energy at home and at work.
- Saving energy and water.
- Climate change impacts.
- Sustainable energy / Renewables.
- Energy efficient driving.
- Benefit of heating controls for home and work.
- Energy saving tools and websites.
- The building’s energy performance.
- Energy efficient lighting.
- Insulating your home.
- Renewable energy.
- Top energy saving tips.